May 11, 2010

Coda - 4 Turkeys





Of all the restaurants we visited that weekend in Boston, I must say Coda was my favorite.  You'll find Coda in the South End, close to Copley, tucked around the corner from Cleary's.  They don't take reservations but that's not a problem...pull up a chair at their well stocked bar and pass the time away with a few Basil Gimlet Martinis. Who needs dinner with you have Gin?

Well if you do need something to fill your belly up you'll find plenty of comforting, filling food on Coda's menu.  The majority of our table ordered the Grilled Trout served with roasted fingerling potatoes and a pecan lemon butter sauce.  It was mouthwatering.


After some light begging my husband opted for the Steak Frites over a cheeseburger "off" the menu.  The steak was cooked to his order although the fries were a little soggy.  Although I had just had a bad run with Mac N Cheese at Post 390 I decided to renew my faith in the love of my life (I'm talking about the Mac N Cheese here).  And boy was I glad I did...I can't think of any other word except for delicious. Now it wasn't one of those attempts to fancy the dish up - it was simple, cheesy, creamy, amazing.  


We all washed down our delicious meals with some earthy Malbec.  This was a great compliment to our meals - a great recommendation by the waitress.






Score: 41 points
Ambiance (4), Tastiness of Dishes (8), Menu (5), Drink Selection (4), Cost (8), Accessibility (3), Service (5), Location (4)

No comments:

Post a Comment